Friday 14 March 2014

My hair saviour

Since having some highlights put in my hair back in late summer of 2013, I've had great difficulty in keeping it soft and tangle free. Despite going back to dark brown before christmas, having my hair trimmed and using countless types of leave in conditioner/ detangling sprays, my hair just seems to matt within seconds of me styling it, not exactly attractive and its a complete pain to sit and brush the knots out.
 
I recently remembered I'd been given a sample of hair oil by a local salon, I hadnt tried it until this point as I had convinced myself that my hair, which gets greasy on the second day after washing, would naturally be too oily to use an oil product on. Fed up and feeling down about my matted mane I thought 'why not give it a go?'. The sample was a bottle of Schwarzkopf Oil Miracle Finishing Treatment, I really liked it, so much so that when it ran out I was going to order the full size bottle, available here. 
However, I forgot and when I was doing a weekly food shop I ended up in the haircare aisle of my local supermarket and spotted they had a 2 for £5 offer on loads of VO5 products, including the Nourish my shine, Miracle Concentrate Elixir with argan oil. 
 I must admit, I've never thought particularly highly of VO5s products in the past, in that none have really stood out to me before but a 50ml bottle of hair oil for effectively £2.50, I had to have it and I am so pleased I gave it a try. The VO5 oil is a thicker consistency than the Schwarzkopf, I personally prefer the smell of it and my hair is so much softer than it was.
 After putting a pea sized amount onto the ends of my towel dried hair I immediately felt like it had some life injected back into it. Once blow dried, my hair is left with a silky texture and is so much more managable. I cant imagine not using it again.
 
 If you are interested in trying a low cost hair oil then I honestly cant recommend this one enough. You can purchase this product here, VO5 products are often on offer in many supermarkets and drugstores too.
 
If you have any recommendations of good hair oils for me to try, please let me know.
 
I hope you have a great weekend,
Emily x
 


No comments:

Post a Comment