Tuesday 25 March 2014

March favourites

 
Hi everyone, Today im sharing my march favourites with you all. These are the products ive found myself using the most often and that have made it into my daily beauty routine this month.
 
Ill start with hair products...
 
 
 


 

 
 
Naked Rescue Intensive care shampoo
Ive suffered with an itchy flakey scalp for years (gross i know) Ive tried every anti-dandruff shampoo going and although some have helped to calm down the flaking, none of them have eliminated the irritating itchyness which just drives me crazy. After seeing Laura from Lauralovesbeautyx talk about her love for Naked hair products I had a look into them and saw many reviews commenting on how they help eliviate itching due to being sulphate free. Since I switched to this shampoo I havent looked back, It lathers up really well, It smells beautiful as its made with sweet almond and sunflower and the itching has calmed right down which in turn has reduced how flakey my scalp is, happy days! Ill definitely be checking out the other products Naked have to offer.
Available here.
 
Dove Intensive repair leave in conditioning & care spray
I bought this around 5 or 6 months ago and must have forgotten all about it as I found it a few weeks ago unopened, oops. Ive started spritzing this through the ends of my hair after using my regular conditioner just to give my hair that extra bit of moisture it so desperately needs. Although my roots get greasy quite quickly, the ends are pretty dry and damaged so I feel like using this this spray is helping hydrate the ends, plus, as with all Dove hair products, it smells amazing!
Available here.
 
L'oreal Studio line Hot & smooth straight spray
I usually use the Elnette 3 day straight spray but spotted this in my local Boots and thought i would see how i get on with it and although I do still love the Elnette version, I just prefer this one. Maybe because its pink? Im not sure, I just know I have been reaching for this spray over the other one. The Hot & smooth is lightweight and distributes evenly , it offers heat protection for up to 230 degrees, perfect for when I plan on blowdrying and straightening my hair and it helps to tame frizz and flyaway hairs.
Available here.
 
VO5 Nourish my shine Miracle concentrate
I have written an entire blogpost on this hair oil, entitled " My hair saviour" and it really is just that. Its well and truly converted me to using hair oils from now on. It leaves my hair soft and i feel like it helps to prevent tangling and frizz.
Available here.
 
VO5 Give me moisture treatment mask
Im forever trying different hair masks, as Ive previously mentioned my hair is damaged from having highlights last year so im always on the look out for deep conditioners to help replenish my dry ends. This is without a doubt one of the best budget friendly hair maks I have used so far. Its thick as you would expect a mask to be, but I find my hair soaks it up pretty quickly, it makes combing my hair through easy even when it is full of knots. I will certainly be repurchasing this product and although Ive not been a big fan of VO5 products in the past, im now interested in trying more of the range.
Available here.
 
 
Now for the rest of my march favourites..
 
Lancome Hypnose Star
Ahhhh, my beloved Hypnose Star mascara. Isnt it beautiful? I had wanted this mascara for an absolute age, then finally laid my hands on it last month and it did not dissapoint at all. Its the blackest black, the wand is tapered so its super easy to reach the inner and outer corner lashes and the best part is, I doesnt smudge or leave me with panda eyes from fallout. Love, love, love it!
This doesnt appear to be available on the Tesco website im afraid, but I suggest popping into store as they often have Lancome and YSL sets on offer.
 
MUA Luxe Powerbrow
As im not into the whole eyebrow pencil thing, i just find them hard to work with, i have always used a matte brown eyeshadow and an angled brush to fill in my brows. I stumbled upon the MUA Powerbrow whilst browsing Superdrug and as its so cheap at only £3 I had try it. Im so glad I gave it a go. I use the mid brown shade which I find is a good colour match for me, its quite a waxy texture but ive grown to really like that as it helps hold my brows in place. Once set I find the powerbrow lasts all day which is exactly what I want. Id like to try Benefit Gimme brow and smashbox browtech to go as I have heard such good things about them but for now and on my ever tight budget this is working well for me.
Available here.
 
 
 
Barry M Gelly (Sugar Apple)
This is fast becoming my favourite spring colour. Its a pastel bluey/green but its bright so its a head turner. The formula is great as with all of the Gelly range, it can take up to 3 coats to get the bottle colour but once you do its just the most gorgeous glossy pastel shade ive seen. I still havent found the colour Huckleberry in any of my local drugstores *sad face* I need it. NEED IT!
Available here.
 
Lancome Genefique Yeux Eye Gel
This 5ml pot of eye gel came with the Hypnose star mascara as part of a set, I was excited to try it because at night I always use my Estee Lauder advanced night repair eye cream (which I love) but I dont usually use an eye cream or gel during the day.
With eye gels I find a little really does go a long way, using my ring fingers i gently pat a tiny amount of this under each eye and I feel like it instantly brightens up the area, it feels refreshing and helps to wake up those tired peepers early in the morning.
 The Lancome set i bought was from a Tesco Extra beauty department, it included the Hypnose Star mascara in black, this 5ml pot of Genefique yeux eye concentrate and a 30ml bottle of BiFacils eye make up remover for sensitive eyes, it would be perfect as a Mothers day gift and at only £22 its totally affordable.
 
And finally
 
Soap and Glory Heel Genius
Well who doesnt love Soap and Glory products? It wouldnt surprise me if they feature in every one of my future monthly favourites. This month I have upped my game with footcare as we are (hopefully) coming into warmwer weather and ill soon be wanting to get my trotters out of ugg boots and into some pretty sandals. As im sure most of you ladies do, I tend to let my feet get in a rather sorry state through the winter because they are almost always in some sort of boot so I dont feel the need to keep up with the footcare. Heel Genius is the footcream i tend to reach for most often, unlike most footcreams ive tried in the past, Heel Genius is more fruity than menthol which I really quite like. I apply a thick layer to my feet after a nice soak in the bath in the evenings and I pop some socks on to let it soak into the skin. It leaves the skin on my feet feeling softer and I feel well and truly pampered.
Available here.
 
 
What are your favourite products this month?
Do you have any suggestions for alternative products to the ones I have mentioned?
 
Emily x
 
 



 
 

1 comment:

  1. I love V05 hair products, they really get rid of my horrible frizz!

    Rachael xox
    http://thenstraightontilmorning.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete