Thursday 24 April 2014

The beauty scenario tag (created by Lily Pebbles)

Hi Everyone, I havent actually been tagged but I like the concept of this tag so much that Ive decided to do it anyway.
 

 
 
 The beauty scenario tag
 
 
1. You have to get rid of all your foundations and you can only keep one high end and one drugstore, which do you keep?
Well my high end answer is without a doubt Estee Lauder Double Wear, I am shade Desert beige by the way. I fell in love with this foundation the day I was given a sample about a year ago, two bottles later and I am still in awe of it. The coverage is second to none in my opinion and the staying power is nothing short of amazing. It doesnt cake on my skin and I just cant imagine being without it now. For my drugstore choice it would probably be Rimmel Wake me up, it suits my skin whatever the day or weather. The coverage is medium but totally buildable, It doesnt cling to any dry patches, yet it doesnt slide off the oily areas either. It does have a teeny tiny shimmer to it which admittedly isnt really my thing but its so subtle that im not too bothered. Its a good all rounder for me.

2. You go for an interview and the lady interviewing you has lipstick on her teeth. Do you approach the subject or ignore it completely?
I would definitely try and find a good way to tell her as Id like to think someone would tell me if I had lipstick on my teeth. Hopefully im never in that situation though and if I were, id hope the interviewer had a good sense of humour.

3.  You're not feeling yourself and need a 'pick me up'. Which lipstick do you put on to make yourself feel beautiful?
100%  MAC Patisserie which is a sheer nude pink. It was the first MAC lipstick I ever bought, its pretty much the same as my natural lip colour but makes them look like a much healthier version of of my lips, leaving me feeling like a more beautiful version of myself.

4. You go back in time for a day to your teenage years, how would you do your hair and make up differently?
OMG, I have too many embarrassing fashion and make up stories but the two main mistakes I made were, I insisted on wearing two eyeshadows, a bright pink from the inner corner of my lid to the middle, then bright blue from the middle to the outer corner, no blending, no subtle transition of colour, just blocks of bright pink and blue, sexy or what?!
 At around the age of 13 I dyed my hair bright red, it looked perfectly nice, many people said it suited me infact, however I just couldnt get over the fact that my eyebrows didnt match my hair. I didnt want to use hair dye on my brows as that would have been a bit risky, SO I decided that it was a good idea to draw over my eyebrows with a nice bright red lipstick, Yep, a lipstick. Someone in my family has photographic evidence of this but Im not sure who. I promise that if I ever find that photo ill post it for you to see as it is just hilarious. Oh and to top it off, i was wearing leopard print flared trousers. Man I was a real trendsetter.

5. You ask your hairdresser for a shoulder length Pixie Lott hair cut, they hear wrong and give you a pixi cut. Do you A) Smile, say thank you and leave then call your mum hysterically B) Cry in the chair and things get awkward, or C) Complain to the manager and demand a refund.
C! C! C! Ive actually been in this situation, many years ago at a very famous higher end chain of hair salons. The hairdresser, apparently one of their top stylists, moaned the entire way through my haircut, "your hair is too long", "your hair is so thick" and by the end I wanted to cry as my hair looked exactly the same as when i sat in the chair an hour before, I was just £45 worse off now. When I finally got up to leave, the receptionist pulled me to one side and said she could tell id had a bad experience so she rebooked me to come back for a complimentary cut with the manager/ Head stylist. Im so glad she did and since then I have learned to say when Im not happy with a service that ive paid good money for.

6. Your friend surprises you with a 4 day city break and you have 1 hour to pack. Which 'do it all' palette do you pack in your make up bag?
Easy, Sleek Face form in 'Light'. The contour and highlight shades can be used as eyeshadows too and it comes with a rose gold blush so its a super handy palette to have.

7. Your house has been robbed, dont worry everyone is safe, but your beauty stash has been raided. Whats the product you really hope is safe?
Hmm, well I think im going to have to say my MAC palette, I know thats technically 15 eyeshadows but its taken me the best part of 3 years to finally have it filled up so id be really sad if I lost it.

8. Your friend borrows your make up and returns it in awful condition. Do you A) Pretend you havent noticed B) Ask them to repurchase it, or C) Secretly do the same to something of theirs.
I think A, it would be very frustrating if someone was to be so careless with my property that it became ruined, but I just dont think it would be worth an argument with a friend.
 
And thats it! Id like to see everyone else do this tag on their blogs or youtube channels so please dont wait to be tagged, just crack on and do it.
 
Thanks for reading
Emily x

Tag created by Lily Pebbles.
 
 









No comments:

Post a Comment